Thursday, January 10, 2019

Budget Reached/Actors Casted!

Two items of great news to make up for the month of silence!

First off, I've worked enough hours at my job at the movie theater to pay the budget! I took this job back in November to come up with the budget, and I now have $1325 to support the movie. I turned in my two weeks' the other day, so starting January 23, I'll be able to more solely focus on the film.

I've also made my final casting decisions on those I auditioned at my old high school's Drama Club, and informed the auditionees today. Of the six, two are in major roles, and two others in scripted ones. It's a shame that I couldn't cast the other two in designated roles, because they were actually really good. However, I stressed to them the importance of being extras for the movie, and that any help we can get on this movie would be so appreciated.

I'll reveal the names of the actors later, since I don't think they know I have this blog up.

There are still a handful of roles I have to cast, but I'm hoping to start going through the material with the actors within a month, and I can start and finish shooting before Spring Break.

In other news, I've started a podcast with frequent collaborator Gage Goodell (GoodL) called A Couple of Crickets. The whole medium is still new to us, so we're trying to figure out our format, but you can check out our first episode here!

No comments:

Post a Comment